Terms & Conditions for the 2020
Audit & Beyond Social Media Drawing
The 2020 Audit & Beyond Social Media Drawing (the "Program") Terms:
- OVERVIEW. These Program terms and conditions ("Agreement") are made by and between AuditBoard, Inc., a Delaware corporation, having its principal place of business at 12900 Park Plaza Drive, Suite 200, Cerritos, CA 90703 ("AuditBoard") and individuals that chose to participate in the Program by following the steps detailed in this Agreement ("Participants"). This Agreement enters into effect the earlier of (i) the date Participants accept the Agreement or (ii) the date a Participant follow the steps detailed in Section 2 below and elects to participate in the Program ("Effective Date").
- ELIGIBILITY. This Program is open to Participants who are age 18 years or older at the time of entry. This Program is not open to: (1) employees or internally contracted vendors of AuditBoard or its parent/subsidiaries, agents or affiliates; (2) the immediate family members or members of the same household of any such employee or vendor; (3) anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Program; (4) employees or internally contracted vendors of governments and government-affiliated companies or organizations; or (5) any employee whose employer's guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Program or acceptance of the prize(s). Residents of the province of Quebec in Canada, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Sudan are not eligible to participate. This Program is void in these countries and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE. To participate in the Program, read this Agreement and follow the instructions below:Twitter: First, follow AuditBoard at @auditboard. Next, using #auditandbeyond, tweet about an impactful event quote or takeaway.LinkedIn: First, follow AuditBoard at linkedin.com/company/auditboard/. Next, post about a favorite conference takeaway or quote with #auditandbeyond.One post by one follower with #auditandbeyond will entitle each Participant to one entry. There is no limit to how many entries per follower, but the content of each entry must be unique to be considered an individual entry. Only those LinkedIn or Twitter entries posted during Audit & Beyond 2020 Virtual Conference (between 8am PT October 7 and 2pm PT October 8) will be considered as entries.
- REWARDS. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and once confirmed by AuditBoard, eligible Participants will be entered into a random drawing. Three (3) winners will be selected and may choose from available rewards. No substitution, assignment, transfer, or cash redemption of any reward is allowed. AuditBoard reserves the right to substitute a reward with another reward of similar value should the advertised reward become unavailable for any reason. If applicable, rewards may be fulfilled in the form decided by AuditBoard in its sole discretion. If a Participant is unable to participate in or accept a reward or any portion of a reward for any reason, AuditBoard shall have no further obligation to such Participant. AuditBoard will not replace any lost or stolen rewards after redemption by Participants. In no event will AuditBoard be responsible for fulfilling more than the stated number of rewards. Participants acknowledge and agree that rewards are available in limited quantities and reward type and availability are subject to change at AuditBoard’s sole discretion. AuditBoard shall have no obligation or liability to Participants for any changes made to reward type or availability.
- CONDITIONS. This Program is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in the Program, Participants agree: (a) to be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of AuditBoard, which shall be final and binding; and (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Program or these terms and conditions, except where prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Participants; and Participants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 or other tax documentation for the approximate retail value of any redeemed reward. By participating in the Program, all Participants agree to release and hold harmless AuditBoard and its directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and Program entities and any person or entity associated with the administration of the Program (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and damage to property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a reward, or their participation in the Program, or their participation in any Program or reward related activity. Each Participant acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any reward or the Program. Apart from manufacturer warranties (which may not be available in all geographies), all warranties are hereby disclaimed; and each Participant will accept the reward "AS IS." All costs and expenses, including support services, not specifically listed above as part of the reward, are solely the Participant’s responsibility.
None of the Released Parties are responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Program; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the submission process or the Program; or (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Program or the processing of entries.
Use of any automated entry device or software is prohibited. Creation or use of multiple accounts for registration or participation in the Program is prohibited. To the extent the Program uses or requires functionality of any third party website (e.g., social media sites or platforms that enable broad communications, collaboration and/or posting of videos), you understand that the Program is not sponsored by such third parties, and further agree to follow the policies on such website(s), as applicable. AuditBoard reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the reward process or the operation of the Program or violating these terms and conditions, and reserves the right to cancel the Program should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of AuditBoard. Disputes regarding these terms and conditions and/or this Program will be governed by the internal laws of California. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AUDITBOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
All Participants are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations, contractual limitations and/or office or company policies, if any, regarding Participant's participation in the Program or redemption and acceptance of Program rewards; and by entering this Program, Participant confirms that he or she is not in violation of any of the foregoing and has obtained the consent of his or her employer to participate, if applicable. If a Participant is not permitted to accept any redeemed reward, then the Participant shall take reasonable efforts to inform AuditBoard as soon as possible, however, should a prize or reward be shipped to Participant prior to participant being able to inform AuditBoard of such circumstances, Participant may return such prize to AuditBoard; and AuditBoard will refund the cost of shipment, as appropriate.
Subject to applicable law, AuditBoard reserves the right, in its discretion, to (a) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Program and these terms and conditions, for any reason, at any time and without any liability, and (b) limit or restrict participation in the Program, upon notice.
- PUBLICITY. Participants acknowledge and agree that AuditBoard may use the Program for publicity, advertising or other marketing purposes in any media, and may use the name, likeness, and state of residence and/or reward information of potential Participants as part of that publicity, without additional compensation to the potential Participants.
- COMPUTER, INTERNET, AND PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION. AuditBoard is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by AuditBoard on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in AuditBoard’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Program, AuditBoard reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program. If the Program is cancelled for any reason, notice will be posted on the Program website and the rewards may, in AuditBoard’s discretion, be awarded to eligible Participants.
- PRIVACY. Any personal information collected by AuditBoard will be used for the administration of the Program and in accordance with AuditBoard’s privacy notice. Any questions regarding privacy matters should be directed to AuditBoard’s address as listed in the first paragraph of this Agreement. Please refer to AuditBoard’s privacy notice located at https://www.auditboard.com/privacy-policy/ for important information regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by AuditBoard.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. In connection with the Program, Participants may receive proprietary AuditBoard information. Participants shall hold confidential and shall not use or permit others to use any proprietary information identified as such in writing or orally by AuditBoard or information which Participant knows or has reason to know is confidential, proprietary or trade secret information of AuditBoard.
- FORCE MAJEURE. AuditBoard shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance whatsoever due to Acts of God, earthquakes, shortages of supplies, transportation difficulties, labor disputes, riots, war, fire, epidemics and similar occurrences. The obligations and rights of AuditBoard shall be extended on a day-to-day basis for a period of time equivalent to the period of the delay.
- NO WAIVER. No waiver of rights under this Agreement by either party shall constitute a waiver of this or any other right under this Agreement.
- SEVERABILITY. In the event that any term of this Agreement becomes or is declared illegal by any court of competent jurisdiction, such term(s) shall be null and void and shall be deemed deleted from this Agreement. All remaining terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- SURVIVAL. Sections 3, 4, 6, 8, 11 and any rights and obligations which by their nature should survive termination or expiration, shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.13. NO AGENCY. Neither party has the right or authority to, and shall not, assume or create any obligation of any nature whatsoever on behalf of the other party or bind the other party in any respect whatsoever.14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter hereof and replaces any prior oral or written communications between the parties.