AuditBoard Ranked #3 on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 list with a growth rate of 16,882%.
Who we are:
AuditBoard is revolutionizing an industry dominated by spreadsheets and difficult-to-use software. By putting user experience at the forefront, our cloud-based solution is quickly transforming how pre-IPO and Fortune 500 companies think about audit and compliance. Our software makes audit less painful and more efficient for auditors, business teams, and executives. We focus on our users, we love to learn, and we are a tight-knit team that loves to build amazing experiences. Please apply if you’re interested in working in a highly collaborative, fast-growing company building enterprise software that is loved by its users.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Design Manager to take on the challenge of managing and scaling a talented team of high-performance visual designers. This team is chartered with supporting and driving marketing initiatives from a creative and user experience perspective, including events, web, advertising, and print. You will be expected to drive cross-functional collaboration with the marketing team while also working on a day-to-day basis to support and level-up designers on the team. You will wear the hats of being a mentor, leader, user-experience expert, and project manager. You will be closely collaborating with our Director of Design and Art Director to develop the foundation for scaling the team.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, has management and design experience, and is excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, low-ego environment. If this is you, we would love to speak with you!
- Lead and inspire. As a Manager, your primary objective is to develop your team of designers, both as individuals and as a team. You will help them find their career path and create opportunities for them to grow. You will also be responsible for taking company and marketing objectives and translating them into a vision and objectives relatable and inspiring to a team of designers.
- Coach. You will provide mentorship and coaching to develop designers in all areas of the craft, including UX Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Research, and Communication.
- Project manage. You will closely collaborate with stakeholders to understand project needs, break down and scope projects, plan team capacity, and prioritize commitments. You will be accountable for project success (timeliness and quality), while also ensuring the health of the team.
- Build to scale. Design communication strategies, operational processes, and UX methodologies that improve how we work and the experience of the team. Plan for growth by developing training programs, career ladders, and hiring plans.
- Measure success. You will help the team understand and measure success by helping them understand business requirements, identify design goals, as well as finding ways for the team to realize and see the results of designs they produce.
- Design for users. Level-up the team by being a strong advocate for data-driven UI/UX strategy and first-class user-experience practices. Stay up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and technologies.
- Always be learning. You should always be pushing yourself to be a better manager and designer. Learn from your team, your peers, and even people with entirely different experiences. Absorb your craft but also the entire business context for your own growth and to support your team.
- If you see it, solve it. Be a self-starter, if you see a problem beyond your immediate responsibilities, work to help solve it. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job” on our team and at AuditBoard. Be willing to drive forward with ambiguity and multiple priorities, planning effectively and handling iterative change.