Senior Web Designer
Who We Are
AuditBoard is revolutionizing an industry dominated by spreadsheets and difficult-to-use software. By putting user experience at the forefront, our cloud-based solution is quickly transforming how pre-IPO and Fortune 500 companies think about audit and compliance. Our software makes audit less painful and more efficient for auditors, business teams, and executives. Our success in delivering the best user experience in the industry is made possible by having a talented team of designers, product managers, and engineers closely collaborate with veteran subject matter experts. We focus on our users, we love to learn, and we are a tight-knit team that loves to build amazing products.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented Senior Web Designer who is excited by the challenge of developing and overseeing our brand’s visual identity. This position demands a high level of output in a fast-paced environment, but it is also a great opportunity for growth. In this role, you will work collaboratively to create beautiful and effective design solutions. You will also be a mentor to other designers. As we scale, you will also have the opportunity to help shape AuditBoard’s design processes and contribute to our design system. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to collaborate with others, but can also independently take an idea from concept to design.
Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, with excitement to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and low ego environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be a team player. Collaborate with marketing, sales, developers, subject-matter experts and fellow designers in a low ego environment to make our team and product successful.
- Develop and evolve the AuditBoard brand. Leverage our unique position, user feedback, and stakeholder input to shape our brand through a wide range of initiatives across brand and marketing—including digital, print, and environmental mediums.
- Create and communicate. Develop and implement effective design processes to uncover key information, achieve inter-departmental alignment, and establish clear communication with key stakeholders.
- Measure success. Take ownership of your work and effectively pinpoint where effort should be allocated. Be able to determine the measurable impact of your work.
- Mentor and learn. Provide mentorship to other team members, while also learning from those who have different experiences than yourself. Be willing to give and solicit feedback to make yourself and your designs better.
- If you see it, solve it. Be a self-starter, and if you see a problem beyond your immediate responsibilities, work to help solve it. Everyone benefits from our entire team’s success.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing web applications or similar projects.
- Demonstrable visual & web design skills with a portfolio that showcases a breadth of styles and approaches (portfolio required).
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, and/or InVision, Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of other UX, web design, and wireframing tools is necessary.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to web and digital applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Bonus if you have experience designing enterprise or data-intensive applications.
- Bonus if you have experience developing and implementing design systems for the web.
Please share whatever materials you think best represent you, your skill set, and your perspective. This can be a portfolio, reference, or anything else you feel comfortable sharing!
Why You'll Love Life at AuditBoard
- Free daily catered lunches when in the office
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and 10 holidays per year
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings - Work Hard Play Hard!
This job can be fully remote