Sr. Software Engineering Manager
Who we are:
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved auditing, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 100 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the second year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
AuditBoard transforms how audit, risk, and compliance professionals manage today’s dynamic risk landscape with a modern, connected platform that engages the front lines, surfaces the risks that matter, and drives better strategic decision-making. More than 25% of the Fortune 500 leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility, and AuditBoard is top-rated in GRC and audit management software on G2.
Why this role is exciting:
We are looking for a hands-on Sr Engineering Manager with experience leading high performing technical teams. This person will oversee day-to-day Engineering operations and take the lead on defining and rolling out Engineering organizational processes & best practices in a challenging and fast paced environment. Duties include but are not limited to: performance management, strategic planning, building scalable systems, architectural decision making & growing our engineering team while preserving the culture we’ve worked hard to build.
Attributes for a successful candidate:
- Provide hands-on technical management leading a team of high performance engineers
- Implement strategic decisions about where to invest Engineering resources to drive impact and customer value
- Collaborate with Design, Product and Engineering teams to enable capabilities that power new product features & solutions
- Ensure that processes and systems are designed to maintain 99.9% uptime
- Lead teams that build & ship new services and product features end-to-end
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to align company goals with Engineering initiatives
- Hire and grow your team with superior Engineering talent & mentor existing talent to help them reach their full potential
- Lead modern architecture and best practices for globally distributed infrastructure
- Enable Products team to ship rapidly through automated deployments and CI/CD pipelines
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Architecture patterns and design principles in distributed web services
- Working knowledge of kubernetes, containers, and distributed services
- Deep understanding of SaaS and Enterprise scale software businesses
- Knowledge of modern web application architecture & Engineering patterns
- Experience building high growth Enterprise SaaS products is highly preferred
- Customer-driven mindset and passion for building great software
- Deep understanding of Agile software development lifecycle
- Prior experience working with highly cross-functional teams and executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’ll be launching a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
- Lunch and snacks when you are in the office
- Unlimited Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Additional stipend for learning courses or certifications
- Celebrate your birthday with the day off
- Charitable giving - get paid to volunteer for a day
- All the traditional goodies….health, dental, vision, PTO, holidays
- Stock options
- Wellness stipend to keep your mind and body healthy
- Bonus program
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings!