Senior Revenue Accountant
Who we are:
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to delight our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved auditing, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 100 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the second year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
AuditBoard transforms how audit, risk, and compliance professionals manage today’s dynamic risk landscape with a modern, connected platform that engages the front lines, surfaces the risks that matter, and drives better strategic decision-making. More than 25% of the Fortune 500 leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility, and AuditBoard is top-rated in GRC and audit management software on G2.
Why this role is exciting:
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team! As we are expanding our Accounting team, you will join a high-growth SaaS company and work closely with the accounting team to help drive the monthly and quarterly revenue close process. You will report to the senior accounting manager and play a pivotal role in implementing and operationalizing the new revenue recognition standards (ASC 606). This position will also provide you with exposure to different cross-functional teams (sales, legal, finance and operation) across the company to build and improve formal revenue accounting processes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of US GAAP, particularly ASC 606 and will be instrumental in supporting the growing revenue function while also helping to build scalable processes in a fast-growing environment.
Attributes for a successful candidate:
This role will report to the senior accounting manager as part of a growing team. You will perform detailed review of contracts, including working cross-functionally with sales, legal and finance to understand and accurately assess terms, and apply appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the company’s ASC 606 implementation and operationalization of go-forward transactions, including transaction price allocations and any revenue transaction-related analysis
- Book subscription and service revenue recognition as part of month and quarter-end close, including reconciling deferred revenue and unbilled AR
- Record revenue generated from existing partners, and set up revenue recording for new partners
- Review SaaS metrics reporting (Annual Recurring Revenue or ARR calculations) and prepare monthly key reporting indicator (KPI) reporting including retention rates
- Lead and perform ad hoc special projects, reports, and analyses as needed
Attributes for a successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA-eligible
- 3-4 years accounting experience with Big 4 or public/private mix
- 1-3 years revenue experience, cloud SaaS and ASC 606 experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and revenue recognition fundamentals
- Proficiency in Excel
- Growth mindset, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Highly organized and detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with NetSuite ERP, SaaSOptics, and SalesForce a plus
- You’ll be launching a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
- Lunch and snacks when you are in the office
- LYBL! Live your best life! $200 a month to spend on anything that enhances your life.
- Unlimited Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Additional stipend for learning courses or certifications
- Celebrate your birthday with the day off
- Charitable giving - get paid to volunteer for a day
- All the traditional goodies….health, dental, vision, PTO, holidays
- Stock options
- Bonus program
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings!