Who We Are
Having surpassed $100M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 30% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the third year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting
As Commercial Counsel at AuditBoard, you will report directly to AuditBoard’s Head of Legal as an integral member of AuditBoard’s expanding legal team. Your role will be responsible for independently leading legal negotiations with customers and providing general guidance on various transactions including subscription agreements, vendor agreements, and partner agreements. You will also have the opportunity to shape key initiatives designed to streamline AuditBoard’s contracting process as the company scales.
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- 5+ years of in-house transactional experience in a role that requires direct interaction with potential customers, vendors, partners, and internal stakeholders and executives from sales to information security
- 3+ years of experience negotiating SaaS agreements, Amendments, and Order Forms with enterprise customers
- Understanding of full contract lifecycle from NDA to internal approvals through conclusion of signature process
- CIPP/E or CIPP/US certification or knowledge of relevant data privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency editing and managing contracts using both Microsoft Office and Google product Suites
- Growth mindset, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple concurrent projects and tasks to completion within the required time frame
- Team mentality with the flexibility to address unique issues in real-time and the awareness to know when to bring in others
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in state of residence (preferably California)*
- AuditBoard will also consider highly qualified non-attorneys who otherwise meet the other qualifications above for a senior non-attorney role. Please apply if you think you might be a fit!
- You’ll be launching a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
- Lunch and snacks when you are in the office
- LYBL! Live your best life! $200 a month to spend on anything that enhances your life.
- Celebrate your birthday with the day off
- Charitable giving - get paid to volunteer for a day
- All the traditional goodies….health, dental, vision, holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Bonus program
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings!