Who We Are:
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to delight our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved auditing, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 100 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the second year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
AuditBoard transforms how audit, risk, and compliance professionals manage today’s dynamic risk landscape with a modern, connected platform that engages the front lines, surfaces the risks that matter, and drives better strategic decision-making. More than 30% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work in both collaborative and independent settings. The General Ledger Manager will report to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for several areas within the General Ledger function, the month end process and management reporting package. The manager will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
This role will help our finance function develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
Main job duties include:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly accounting close
- Prepare and review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Maintain the integrity of the global chart of accounts and related mapping to parent
- Maintain financial record keeping and reporting in NetSuite ERP and integrated subledgers
- Prepare financial statements, including assessing and updating cross-departmental allocations; assist with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Perform flux analysis for month end that summarizes and tells the "story" of the activity.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Provide ad hoc reporting, FP&A, and cross departmentally
- Interface with international accounting service provider to manage the company’s intercompany process including review of FX, elimination entries, and reconciliations of intercompany balances
- Work with and support the accounting team in day-to-day activities, special projects, and workflow process improvements
- Coordinate the annual audit and ensure all requests are completed timely and necessary support is provided.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal financial controls and procedures
- Guide/train associate accountants and other accounting staff
- Assist with monitoring the need for business process improvements; help to design processes, procedures, and reporting enhancements to improve financial and operational processes.
- Support the design and implementation of new policies and procedures related to audit requirements and business activities.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Perform other duties as needed
Attributes for a Successful Candidate:
- BS Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience with 3 years in public accounting (e.g., Big 4)
- CPA preferred
- Experience of working with large ERP system, Netsuite preferred
- Software company experience is a plus
- Experience with international subsidiaries is a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail; spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- You’ll be launching a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
- Lunch and snacks when you are in the office
- LYBL! Live your best life! $200 a month to spend on anything that enhances your life.
- Celebrate your birthday with the day off
- Charitable giving - get paid to volunteer for a day
- All the traditional goodies….health, dental, vision, and holidays
- Stock options
- Bonus program
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings!