Position: Area Director - Compliance Sales
Who We Are
Having surpassed $100M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and security compliance platform on the market. More than 30% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the third year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
We Seek Difference Makers
We are looking for an intelligent, coachable, hard-working, and driven professional for this key role within our organization. As our Compliance Area Director, you will lead a team of accomplished Account Executives to sell AuditBoard’s CrossComply cloud-based solutions into the CISO, InfoSec, or IT departments. You will lead, coach, and develop a team of 5-7 mid-market focused sales professionals to proactively generate new opportunities into target accounts, cross sell into our significant existing customer base, and be hands-on in helping your team open and close business to achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals. This role will report to the Vice President of Sales, CrossComply.
- Recruit top talent at scale who possess high intelligence, strong character, and coachability.
- Demonstrate the ability to retain, coach, develop and lead top talent by leveraging repeatable processes and development programs.
- Maintain and support our positive, no-jerks culture.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of a formal qualification framework (such as MEDDICC) through practical application.
- Build out a predictable business focused on the end-to-end sales process.
- Lead pricing and contract negotiations.
- Listen and comprehend customer pain points and goals and objectives to tailor AuditBoard’s products and services and sell on value.
- Present a compelling solution of the AuditBoard suite of products to clients using the information found in the discovery phase.
- Engage with C-level prospects to position AuditBoard's strategic value proposition and drive the deal to closure.
- Leverage a values-based sales process to work with multiple client personas to close new business.
- Use a MEDDIC-based sales qualification methodology to manage sales resources and to report sales forecasts.
- Attend networking events and conferences to build relationships that will create new business opportunities.
- Engage and build relationships with AuditBoard Partners and Alliances to help drive new pipeline growth and close new business.
- Evangelize the need for a strong security compliance program in order to drive new pipeline, lead customers, and win new business.
Attributes for a successful candidate
- Have 2+ years of Software Sales Management as a first or second line leader
- Have 5+ years of SaaS sales experience selling B2B solutions and a consistent track record of over-performance.
- Experience in Security, Compliance, GRC, or Risk
- Experience selling software into the CISO or InfoSec teams
- Willingness to be coached
- Will lead from the front and build relationships in a team selling environment
- Previous success winning in a competitive environment
- You’ll be launching a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Flexible Vacation
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
- Lunch and snacks when you are in the office
- LYBL: Live your best life! $200 a month to spend on anything that enhances your life
- Celebrate your birthday with the day off
- Charitable giving - get paid to volunteer for a day
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- All the traditional goodies….health, dental, vision, and holidays
- Stock options
- Bonus program
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings!