Who We Are Looking For:
AuditBoard is looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our team! As we are expanding our Accounting team, you will join a high-growth SaaS company as a member of the accounting team to help drive the monthly and quarterly revenue close process. You will collaborate on a small but growing revenue team and play a pivotal role in implementing and operationalizing the new revenue recognition standards (ASC 606). This position will also provide you with exposure to different cross-functional teams (sales, legal, finance and operation) across the company to build and improve formal revenue accounting processes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of US GAAP, particularly ASC 606 and will be instrumental in supporting the growing revenue function while also helping to build scalable processes in a fast-growing environment.
Main Job Duties Include:
- Report to the accounting senior manager and collaborate with the revenue senior as part of a growing team
- Perform detailed review of contracts, including working cross-functionally with sales, legal and finance to understand and accurately assess terms, and apply appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in the company’s ASC 606 implementation and operationalization of go-forward transactions, including transaction price allocations and any revenue transaction-related analysis
- Book subscription and service revenue recognition as part of month and quarter-end close, including reconciling deferred revenue and unbilled AR
- Review SaaS metrics reporting (Annual Recurring Revenue or ARR calculations) and prepare monthly key reporting indicator (KPI) reporting including retention rates
- Lead and perform ad hoc special projects, reports, and analyses as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA-eligible
- 2+ years accounting experience with Big 4 or public/private mix
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and revenue recognition fundamentals
- Revenue experience, cloud SaaS and ASC 606 experience preferred
- High proficiency in Excel
- Growth mindset, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Highly organized and detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with NetSuite ERP, SaaSOptics, and SalesForce a plus
- You’ll be launching a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid/Remote work environment
- Lunch and snacks when you are in the office
- LYBL! Live your best life! $200 a month to spend on anything that enhances your life.
- Celebrate your birthday with the day off
- Charitable giving - get paid to volunteer for a day
- All the traditional goodies….health, dental, vision, and holidays
- Stock options
- Bonus program
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings!