Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting
As a Senior Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will play a crucial role in building and operating the data infrastructure that serves AuditBoard. Your responsibilities will include delivering high-quality results to ensure the data infrastructure's security, compliance, optimization, and automation. You will contribute to our architecture while maintaining a high architectural standard.
- Best practices and guardrails: Champion the best practices for using the data platform. Optimize for cost and performance
- Data architecture: Evaluate data platform architecture. Build and optimize data services to improve compliance, security, reliability, performance, and resource utilization.
- Infrastructure automation: Increase reliability and employee productivity. Eliminate human errors through the standardization of processes and Infrastructure as Code (Iac)
- Data infrastructure monitoring: Monitor the platform's health, reliability, cost, and usage.
- Operational support: Support the platform users for troubleshooting, configuration, version updates, and feature adoptions.
- Compliance: Build processes and tools to ensure that the data platform is compliant
- Security: Identify infrastructure security-relevant actions, tests, and key performance indicators. Enhances the security posture of the data platform, ensuring the protection of data, systems, and assets.
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- 8+ years of development experience with a focus on architecting cloud data platforms, setting up, managing, and automating the infrastructure of cloud data platforms, including Airflow, Databricks, Spark, and Kafka
- 8+ years of experience and proficient programming skills in Python or Java/C#. 3 years of programming experience in SQL.
- 7+ years of developer experience using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies, such as AWS Cloud Formation and Terraform
- 5+ years of experience maintaining and improving OE of data platforms - service alerting, monitoring, and automation.
- 3+ years of experience with data compliance and governance. Demonstration of collaboration with the internal compliance team and external auditors in planning and execution of all phases of compliance including risk assessment & scoping. Standardize and automate the compliance process.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Subject matter expert (SME) in architecting cloud data platforms using Databricks, Snowflake, AWS Lake Formation, or other relevant technologies.
- SME in big data technologies including Spark, Presto, Airflow, Kafka
- Work in a startup-like environment building agile products and services
- Create clear and concise documentation, including diagrams, service descriptions, decisions, and runbooks.
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility