Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting
AuditBoard is actively seeking a transformative customer-centric leader who combines deep technical knowledge and strategic wisdom, particularly with a focus on AI/ML vision and implementation. This leader will guide our Data teams, which include AI Machine Learning, Data Engineering, and Data Analytics, and will be an integral part of our engineering, product & design (PED) leadership team. The individual in this role will be the driving force behind the vision, strategy and development of a premier data and analytics organization, with a clear emphasis on AI/ML strategic vision that delivers tangible value to customers. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of building AI/ML capabilities and utilizing data-driven insights to inform strategic decisions across the organization. This unique opportunity allows for the development and implementation of advanced data capabilities, leading to the creation of groundbreaking data-powered solutions, thereby playing a critical role in AuditBoard's journey toward its mission of delivering on a Connected Risk Platform.
As the Head of Data and AI/ML group, you will be responsible for developing the core AI/ML capabilities to power the entire AuditBoard product portfolio and deliver the best experience for our customers. You will lead the development of core AI/ML models and algorithms that drive our product’s key use cases in the Audit, Risk and compliance domains.
This is an exciting role for an entrepreneurial engineering leader who is looking to build the next-generation data platform for enterprise risk data. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills as well as experience in areas such as operating system telemetry, building ML platforms, stitching Customer 360 data across all channels of customer interactions at the lowest level of grain into a data model/product that will support all lines of business. This is a high-visibility role that reports directly to the Chief Development Officer.
- Develop and execute a data & AI strategy, including a clear technical direction, that enables AuditBoard to continue to be at the forefront of innovation with a sense of purpose and urgency
- Collaborate with product teams in fostering core data science competencies that bring substantial value to our customers, particularly through the application of Generative AI, Predictive Analytics and Actionable Insights
- Partner closely with key stakeholders including Executive Team, Product, Engineering, GTM and Finance leadership in the planning, execution and cohesive alignment of the company’s product strategy and overarching company goals
- Collaborate with Engineering to influence critical architecture and infrastructure decisions to ensure successful deployment and maintenance of the Data Science’s deliverables, including but not limited to developing models, algorithms, and data pipelines to build data structures that scale
- Act as a thought leader who stays on top of current and emerging technology trends to discover new and innovative ways to leverage the company’s data assets for strategic advantage toward business goals
- Act as a key advisor to Auditboard’s Senior Leadership team and customers; understand our revenue drivers, and provide business insights that enable them to make data-driven decisions
- Build a trusted and highly capable Data & Analytics organization that may include Data Engineers, Architects, Data Analysts, ML/AI Engineers and Data Scientists
- Demonstrate defining and communicating a long-term technical vision and inspiring your team around a shared vision for success
- Partner with key business executives to develop and drive a Data Governance framework that enables a common data language and creates trust in enterprise data
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in data systems, data engineering, data governance, and data pipelining
- Minimum of 8 years of management experience managing a team of 10 or more
- Strong customer focus (internal and external), understanding of customer centricity and design thinking to drive solutions
- Experience with solving sophisticated real-world problems using advanced technology to deliver compelling product experiences
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record in AI/ML technology, including deep learning, time series modeling, natural language processing and unsupervised learning
- In-depth knowledge of and proven track record in Generative AI technology and Large Language Models (LLM)
- In-depth knowledge of modern data technologies/stack such as AWS, Spark, Airflow, Kubeflow, Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks, Docker, BigQuery, Python, Git, etc
- Experience with building a data platform from the ground up
- Experience with designing, developing, launching, and maintaining a company-wide data lake and data warehouse supporting diverse types of data and data science workflows
- Experience implementing data and AI solutions in a ‘product leadership’ technology environment
- Experience with highly sensitive consumer data and maintaining its security as a top priority; understanding big data and technology at scale
- Experience in driving cross-functional alignment and influencing without authority
- Experience with high-growth environments at scale
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations. Excellent verbal & written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts and analyses in an accessible and compelling way
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem-solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- B.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility