Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Position: Area Director - Enterprise Sales
Location: East Coast / Mid-Atlantic / Southeast
Why this role is exciting:
As an Area Director, Enterprise Sales in our dynamic and high-growth environment, you will play a critical and impactful role in driving your Enterprise sales team to successfully sell AuditBoard’s full suite of products to leaders in the GRC industry. The Area Director will lead, coach and develop a team of 5-6 Enterprise sales professionals to proactively generate and identify new opportunities into target accounts within their territory, close business to achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals and take AuditBoard’s sales organization to the next level. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about what they do, driven to succeed and excited to join our team at this pivotal stage of growth.
- Drive portfolio business of high velocity new “lands,” as well as the expansion of strategic accounts
- Recruit top talent at scale who possess high intelligence, strong character and coach-ability.
- Lead AEs in achieving individual, team, and organizational quotas
- Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and seven-figure deal victories
- Drive and monitor account planning and execution to deliver maximum revenue potential
- Provide strategic executive leadership for sales forecasting, territory assignments, sales mentorship, and commission planning
- Coach sales teams by helping structure sales opportunities and deals; further assist with selling activities as appropriate; Ensure the sales team is working cohesively with operations, sales engineering, and other internal/external teams
- Build out a predictable business focused on the end-to-end sales process.
- Lead pricing and contract negotiations.
- Listen and comprehend customer pain points and goals and objectives to tailor AuditBoard’s products and services.
- Present a compelling solution of the AuditBoard suite of products to clients using the information found in the discovery phase
- Engage with C-level prospects to position AuditBoard's strategic value proposition and drive the deal to closure
- Leverage a values-based sales process to work with multiple client personas to close new business
- Use a MEDDIC-based sales qualification methodology to manages sales resources and to report sales forecasts
- Stay ahead of industry trends, competitive activity, and client opportunities
- Attend trade shows, industry events, client meetings, and conferences – up to 30% travel
- Engage and build relationships with AuditBoard Partners and Alliances to help drive new pipeline growth and close new business
- Evangelize the organizational need for a strong audit, risk, and control environment to drive new pipeline and win new business.
- Willingness to embrace the core company values of Customer Obsession, Constant Innovation, Personal Improvement, Gritty Resilience and Win-Together
Attributes for a successful candidate
- 7+ years of related experience including 3+ direct full sales cycle experience selling enterprise B2B software, preferably SaaS GRC, finance, ERP, CRM, procurement, or adjacent sectors with 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading sales in an early stage, high-growth enterprise B2B SaaS environment preferred
- Proven line-of-business selling experience and able to engage at a C-Suite level within enterprise accounts
- Ability to build and lead a sales organization, including quota-carrying and forecasting experience
- Excellent cross-organization partnership and interpersonal skills
- Experience devising sales strategy and contributing to enablement programs
- A clear understanding of value-based selling with multiple examples of success
- Strong EQ skills, able to build strong relationships internally and externally while inspiring and driving a team to deliver exceptional results.
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility