Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting
As AuditBoard continues to grow and scale up, we are looking for an experienced distributed systems engineer to lead in defining our platform approach to data management, both at the infrastructure and application layer. In this role, you will apply your experience with a range of public cloud storage technologies covering relational databases, key-value stores, and unstructured data to design an architecture that will support the business’s evolving needs.
This position demands a high level of leadership in the design and architecture of scalable solutions and the mentorship of other engineers. In this role, you will face a wide variety of challenges - from building scalable systems to working to define the requirements of product features. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to collaborate with others and has the experience to understand how to have the maximum impact as an individual contributor as well.
We're a hardworking, energetic team that is passionate about our customers and believes continuous learning is the key to our continued success: learning about our customers, our product spaces, and how to build better software.
- Lead technical design and implementation of distributed systems for data management systems backing our Enterprise SaaS platform
- Define and drive engineering plans for scalability, reliability, observability, cost efficiency, and manageability of the data platforms
- Develop and mentor a larger team to increase their expertise in data platforms at scale
- Make hands-on technical contributions across the data platform
- As a subject matter expert, stay familiar with industry trends and ensure AuditBoard adopts new technologies where appropriate
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- 8+ years experience with building and running large-scale fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Strong experience with database fundamentals, including working with relational databases, key-value data stores, and unstructured data
- Ability to write clear and well-defined design documentation
- Mentor fellow engineers on distributed systems and database best practices
- Troubleshoot, debug, and resolve software bugs
- Participate in an Agile software development life cycle and an on-call rotation
- 4+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Postgres DB, serverless relational DBs, NoSQL, Node.JS, Python, Go, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility