Principal Product Designer - CoreX
Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting:
We are looking for a talented principal product designer who is motivated by the challenge of transforming the work of audit, risk, and compliance teams everywhere. In this role, you will bridge real-world business challenges with intuitive user experience. You will also have the opportunity to help shape AuditBoard’s design processes and contribute to our design system as we scale. We are looking for someone who will serve as a mentor to other designers and inspire a culture of innovation, growth, and development. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to collaborate with others, but can also independently take an idea from concept to production. This position demands a high level of output in a fast-paced environment, but also offers opportunity for growth in a fast- scaling business.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Discover high-value opportunities and prioritize ruthlessly to maximize user and business impact. Lead multiple strategic projects end-to-end, including managing ambiguity and complexity. Support and enable other team members to ensure success.
- Collaborate to drive value. Drive collaboration across cross-functional teams to maximize overall product outcomes. Leverage collaboration with product managers, engineers, customers, subject-matter experts and fellow designers to balance business needs, user needs, and engineering feasibility in design solutions.
- Design for the Users’ Experience. Influences and drives key product decisions by independently designing experiments and performing research studies, including direct user research. Designs user experience that captures holistic context (brand, support, onboarding, sales etc.) and every touch point in the user’s experience. Raises our design bar by creating innovative experiences that are not just visually appealing but intuitive and user-centric for the majority of our customers and users.
- Measure success. Takes responsibility for the quality and success of their designs, the end-product, the end-users, and the business goals. Consistently measures success and outcomes, tying it back to business-relevant outcomes. Product design is ultimately measured by creating value for our customers.
- Drive significant impact. Responsible for shaping AuditBoard's design lifecycle, including research/discovery, ideation, design, validation, iteration, and development. Influences strategy and contributes to user experience vision and user interface standards for the entire product suite, including design system strategy; helps evolve product toward unified design vision that drives significant business value.
- Lead and mentor. Provides design leadership to the product, engineering, and design organization. Inspires and coaches other team members by providing constructive feedback proactively, while also learning from those who have different experiences than yourself. Be willing to give and solicit feedback to make yourself and your designs better.
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of expertise in designing web applications or comparable products on an enterprise scale.
- Demonstrated expertise in design and thought leadership, providing guidance, education, influence, and cultivation of design culture and standards for large-scale product development teams.
- Proven experience and success in advancing platform design systems and fostering design thinking maturity within expansive organizational contexts.
- Demonstrable UX/UI design expertise, evidenced by a portfolio encompassing diverse styles, user challenges, product solutions, and user-centered design methodologies, including rapid prototyping, experimentation, and customer research. (portfolio required).
- Demonstrable success, with concrete examples of designing effective documentation, to enhance awareness, understanding, and cultivate a culture of UX design throughout all dimensions of product development.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, and/or InVision. Knowledge and experience with Design System Documentation tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in designing applications for complex business environments and processes, particularly in the enterprise or data-intensive domain.
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility