Commercial Counsel (UK)
Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting
As Commercial Counsel at AuditBoard, you will report directly to AuditBoard’s Head of Legal as an integral member of AuditBoard’s expanding legal team. Your role will be responsible for independently leading legal negotiations with customers and providing general guidance on various transactions including subscription agreements, vendor agreements, and partner agreements. You will also be the regional support for the UK&I and international You will also have the opportunity to shape key initiatives designed to streamline AuditBoard’s contracting process as the company scales.
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- 5+ years of in-house transactional experience in a role that requires direct interaction with potential customers, vendors, partners, and internal stakeholders and executives from sales to information security
- 3+ years of experience negotiating SaaS agreements, Amendments, and Order Forms with enterprise customers
- Understanding of full contract lifecycle from NDA to internal approvals through conclusion of signature process
- Knowledge of relevant data privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, and bonus if you have CIPP/E or CIPP/US certification or knowledge of CCPA
- Employment Law experience a bonus
- Corporate law and entity management in the UK a bonus
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency editing and managing contracts using both Microsoft Office and Google product Suites
- Growth mindset, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple concurrent projects and tasks to completion within the required time frame
- Team mentality with the flexibility to address unique issues in real-time and the awareness to know when to bring in others
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in England
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility