Staff User Experience Researcher
Who We Are
Having surpassed $150M ARR and continuing to grow rapidly, AuditBoard is the leading audit, risk, and compliance platform on the market. More than 40% of the Fortune 500, including 6 of the Fortune 10, leverage our award-winning technology to move their businesses forward with greater clarity and agility. And our customers love us: AuditBoard is top-rated on G2.com and Gartner Peer Insights.
At AuditBoard we inspire each other to innovate and are proud of what we are producing. We spend each day thinking of new ways to help our customers and contribute to the greater good of our company and our surrounding communities. We are all about assisting each other and breaking through barriers to create the most loved audit, risk, and compliance platform by our customers. This is how we have become one of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America for the fourth year in a row as ranked by Deloitte!
Why This Role is Exciting:
We are looking for a talented staff UX researcher who is excited by the challenge of transforming the work of audit, risk, and compliance teams everywhere. This position demands a high level of output in a fast-paced environment, but also offers opportunity for growth in a fast scaling business. In this role, you will bridge real-world business challenges with intuitive user experience. You will also have the opportunity to help shape AuditBoard’s product research and discovery processes as we scale. We are looking for someone who will serve as a mentor to other UX researchers and inspire a culture of innovation, growth, and development. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to collaborate with others, but can also independently drive research end-to-end embedded within a product team, and mentor others.
- Be a self-starter. Discover high-value opportunities and prioritize ruthlessly to maximize user and business impact. Lead multiple strategic research projects end-to-end, including managing ambiguity, complexity, and a mixed methods approach. Support other team members to ensure success.
- Collaborate to drive value. Drive collaboration across teams to maximize the impact of insights to overall product outcomes. Leverage collaboration with product managers, engineers, customers, subject-matter experts and fellow designers to balance business needs and user needs.
- Voice of the user. Influences and drives key product decisions by independently designing experiments and performing research studies, throughout all stages of the product life cycle. Advocate and influence designs that capture holistic context (brand, support, onboarding, sales etc.) and every touch point in the user’s experience. Raises our design bar by informing decisions that elevate our experiences so that they are not just visually appealing but intuitive and user-centric.
- Measure success. Takes responsibility for the quality and success of their product teams', the end-product, the end-users, and the business goals. Consistently measures success of work, tying it back to business-relevant outcomes.
- Make an impact. Responsible for advocating for research with your stakeholders and product teams'. Guiding them on best practices and enabling them to conduct their own research. Influences strategy and contributes to user experience vision and user interface standards for the entire product suite, helps evolve product toward unified design vision that drives significant business value.
- Lead and mentor. Provides research leadership to the product, engineering, and design organization. Inspires and coaches other team members by providing constructive feedback proactively, while also learning from those who have different experiences than yourself. Be willing to give and solicit feedback to make yourself and your work better.
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years+ of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in market, product, customer, user experience, or academic research.
- Experience working embedded within product teams. Partnering and mentoring stakeholders, designers, PM, and engineers.
- Demonstrable research skills with a portfolio that showcases a breadth of approaches and methodologies (portfolio required).
- Extensive experience defining, planning and executing research studies including outlining objectives, goals, and timelines.
- Expert understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with and presenting research results to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision on research projects, including problem solving and critical thinking.
- Experience in researching applications for complex business environments and processes, particularly in the enterprise or data-intensive domain.
- Launch a career at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in North America!
- Live your best life (LYBL)! $200/mo for anything that enhances your life
- Remote and hybrid work options, plus lunch in the office
- Comprehensive employee health coverage (all locations)
- 401K with match (US) or pension with match (UK)
- Competitive compensation & bonus program
- Flexible Vacation (US exempt & CA) or 25 days (UK)
- Time off for your birthday & volunteering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Employee resource groups
- Stock options
- Opportunities for team and company-wide get togethers!
*perks may vary based on eligibility