Director, Human Resources
WHO ARE WE
AuditBoard is a high-growth SaaS company in the financial technology space that is transforming the way organizations manage critical risk, audit and compliance initiatives. We believe in empowering enterprises to manage and control risk so that their businesses are able to thrive.
Designed by former chief audit executives, our enterprise cloud platform is purpose-built to automate and streamline activities in ways that align with how our thousands of users think and act daily. Clients range from pre-IPO organizations to Fortune 5,000 companies, including leading organizations such as WeWork, Activision Publishing, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., TripAdvisor, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and Cox Communications, among many others.
We are looking for a Director of Human Resources who has the experience and vision to build the human resource and talent management function to support AuditBoard’s hyper-growth for the next several years. This individual must have passion and energy to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done. The ideal candidate will bring strong business acumen, cultural awareness, consultative skills, customer service orientation, and functional expertise. Key areas of focus will include Recruiting, Employee Engagement, Benefits, Compensation and HRIS. This individual will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage full life-cycle recruitment, working with hiring managers and within their budgets to effectively meet recruitment targets.
- Review, develop and implement HR policies and provide guidance on the policies and workplace best practices to AuditBoard’s management and employees.
- Oversee all employee transition activities including on-boarding and off-boarding, promotions, transfers, and other employee life-cycle related activities.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assist with succession planning activities to ensure high potential and/or promotable employees are identified and developed to meet future organizational needs.
- Benchmark compensation and manage the annual increase and bonus payout processes and provide guidance on compensation for promotions.
- Address employee concerns when they arise and resolve both simple and complex employee relations issues, using solid business acumen and judgment, knowing when to escalate issues to management for advice and guidance.
- Research, propose, develop, and implement employee benefits programs and manage the annual open enrollment process.
- Provide HR data analyses and reports to inform on functional performance against KPIs and recommend improvements to processes.
- 7+ years in Human Resource management
- Experience in HR policy development and implementation
- Experience in benefits and compensation management
- Experience handling employee relations issues
- Experience in recruitment and talent management in within a startup or high-tech environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels and to deal with confidential information and all employee matters with diplomacy and discretion.
- Experience in developing and implementing an employee performance policy
- Strong knowledge and experience with the employment laws in the US
- Experience working with HRIS systems and working with HR analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Master’s Degree in Organization Development or Human Resources desired.
***This position can sit in either our Cerritos or El Segundo office.