AuditBoard is a high-growth SaaS company in the financial technology space that is transforming the way organizations manage critical risk, audit and compliance initiatives. We believe in empowering enterprises to manage and control risk so that their businesses are able to thrive.
Designed by former chief audit executives, our enterprise cloud platform is purpose-built to automate and streamline activities in ways that align with how our thousands of users think and act daily. Clients range from pre-IPO organizations to Fortune 5,000 companies, including leading organizations such as Lululemon Athletica, WeWork, Activision Publishing, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., TripAdvisor, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and Cox Communications, among many others.
We’re based in Los Angeles, growing rapidly and looking for bright, highly motivated people to join us! Learn more at auditboard.com.
We are looking for an Events Manager to join our Marketing team who can oversee the planning and management of all company-owned events, as well as third-party industry events, ensuring our event strategy aligns with the overall Marketing strategy. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional Marketing roles and internal clients to produce events from concept to completion – from defining goals, strategies and tactics and setting a project timeline, to project management and onsite coordination and execution of our event presence. You also will partner closely with the Demand Gen and Sales teams to ensure our events are optimized to generate new leads and nurture existing ones, as well as amplify our brand.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing, the ideal candidate is someone who can bring energy, creativity and innovative thinking to the role in ways that help to create unique, memorable and impactful event experiences for our target audiences. They must be able to see the bigger picture in terms of the strategic role of events in driving sales and building brand. And they should be highly organized, detail-oriented and results-driven, as well as have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Marketing roles, internal clients and company partners to plan, manage and produce events from concept to completion.
- Develop and manage program budgets. Proactively track and communicate budget status.
- Own the production and curation of company swag. Source, lead and negotiate agreements with swag vendors. Maintain vendor relationships.
- Research potential events and sponsorships (both for lead gen and brand visibility opportunities) and provide recommendations to the team.
- Lead all venue and vendor logistics before, during and after the events.
- Source, lead and negotiate agreements with third-party vendors.
- Coordinate and collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing and other key stakeholders to produce relevant materials for each event, including collateral, signage, swag, the booth design, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Marketing roles on external pre/during/post event promotion.
- Develop and execute standard process for coordinating and communicating with team members who are staffing and/or attending events.
- Work with Sales and Demand Gen to enforce the process for effective lead capture at all events.
- Organize and lead regular planning meetings for key events and report regularly on the status of event activities.
- Share event recaps with the team following each event. Evaluate each event and provide strategic recommendations for future consideration.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 4-6 years of experience in marketing and events management and operations. Experience with B2B enterprise software marketing and events a plus.
- Ability to travel to event locations and manage on-site event execution. An estimated 30% of this role will require travel.
- Strong event planning and management knowledge. Comfortable executing the A-to-Z details for a variety of event formats.
- Sound project management and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and as a team member, set priorities, and organize work to meet strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative and problem-solving with limited resources, and operating well under pressure.
- Exceptional program, project and time management skills. Organized, detail-focused, results-driven and accountable. Can successfully execute multiple events (sometimes simultaneously).
- Exhibits creativity and innovation across every element and detail of the company’s event experiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Highly collaborative and has the ability to build mutual trust and respect with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Budgeting, negotiating and vendor management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic, flexible team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
This position can be out of our Cerritos or El Segundo location.