The completely chaotic time we are living through has reinforced the need for solid risk management programs in every organization. The past year has seen bank failures, inflation, the threat of recession, multiple wars, disruptive artificial intelligence, and relentless cyber attacks. Despite the risks, assurance professionals work tirelessly to keep up with the threats and advise their organizations. AuditBoard’s Webinar Series brought together risk experts, advisors, and practitioners who shared their experiences and insights into the most critical risks impacting organizations.
In 2023, AuditBoard hosted 43 audit, risk, and compliance webinars that attracted over 61,000 attendees. The outstanding speakers for AuditBoard’s webinars covered emerging risk topics impacting organizations like auditing Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) programs, cybersecurity, integrated risk management (IRM), and artificial intelligence (AI). The speakers covered topics related to specific industries, risk management enabling technology, collaboration, and emerging risk trends. As a bonus, we were able to grant over 51,000 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits to support a variety of assurance certifications. In this article, we share the primary trends from the risk webinars we hosted in 2023 and how you can access our most popular webinars of the year, which are now available to watch on demand.
2023 Risk Webinar Trends
The most popular risk webinars followed three trending topics: third-party risk management (TPRM), technology enablement, and collaborative risk management. While these trends are important on their own, all three are interrelated. For example, third-party risk exposure from vendors (and even from their partners) has led to some of the most severe data breaches in the past few years. Still, effective TPRM typically requires a collaborative approach and technology to keep up with the number of partners in a large organization.
AuditBoard’s Most Popular Risk Webinars of 2023
As you explore the many topics available as on-demand webinars, these are the most popular risk sessions from 2023, in no particular order.
- Supply Chain Transparency and Risk Monitoring –A panel from EY discusses leveraging data and analytics to gain transparency and effectively manage risks in the supply chains while also complying with regulations and meeting the expectations of consumers and regulators.
- Mastering IRM Technology: Market Trends and Key Capabilities – John Wheeler from AuditBoard explains how Integrated Risk Management (IRM) technology connects the various risk domains like ORM, ITRM, ERM, and GRC. By aligning the efforts of the risk teams, the overall assurance for the organization improves.
- Emerging Third-Party Risk Trends Beyond the CISO Office – Third parties introduce various risks, including cyber, privacy, resiliency, digital, brand, and regulatory. Presenters from EY and AuditBoard explain how to holistically manage third-party risks by establishing foundational components of a TPRM program and embedding TPRM activities throughout the third-party management lifecycle.
- Financial Services Risk Management: Synchronizing Collaboration to Strengthen Internal Controls – A panel of experts from First Citizens Bank, Bank of New York Mellon, CrossCountry Consulting, and AuditBoard, discuss internal audit, internal controls, and enterprise risk experts in the financial services industry and present best practices for mitigating risk exposure and improving collaboration across the three lines.
- How to Integrate ERM Into Your Business – AuditBoard and Arthur J. Gallagher discuss integrating ERM into your business processes using technology.
Stay Up to Date With Timely Thought Leadership
AuditBoard’s on-demand webinars address compliance teams’ most critical concerns and contain information that will enhance your skill set and prepare your team as new compliance risks emerge. As we start the new year, the risks and mitigation strategies covered in these webinars will continue to play an important role in compliance. Now is the perfect time to revisit the expert guidance provided in the on-demand webinars above and so many more, and register to earn free CPE credits in AuditBoard’s 2024 Webinar Series.