Compliance teams were especially busy in 2023 as regulators worked diligently to add guidelines for companies to follow related to automation, artificial intelligence, and the ongoing threats from cybersecurity breaches. AuditBoard’s Webinar Series brought together compliance experts, advisors, and practitioners who shared actionable best practices compliance professionals can use immediately as they tackle the complexities of these critical issues.
In 2023, AuditBoard hosted 43 audit, risk, and compliance webinars that attracted over 61,000 attendees. The outstanding speakers for AuditBoard’s webinars covered emerging risk topics impacting organizations like auditing Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) programs, cybersecurity, integrated risk management (IRM), and artificial intelligence (AI). The speakers covered topics ranging from high-level trends to complying with new regulations in the US and UK. As a bonus, we were able to grant over 51,000 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits to support a variety of assurance certifications. In this article, we share the primary trends from the compliance webinars we hosted in 2023 and how you can access our most popular webinars of the year, which are now available to watch on demand.
2023 Compliance Webinar Trends
The most popular compliance webinars followed three trending topics: artificial intelligence, automation, and cybersecurity. Timing for these webinars was perfect as The IIA Risk In Focus survey released in September 2023 shows cybersecurity, digital disruption from AI and automation, and regulatory changes were all in the top five concerns among practitioners globally.
With the rise of user-friendly artificial intelligence, governments are concerned about using AI and ensuring the technology is developed to address risks like transparency, traceability, discrimination, and environmental concerns.
Automation was another webinar trend in 2023. In particular, the conversations focused on using automation with risk and compliance teams. Automation is a potential game-changer for predicting emerging risk events and streamlining assessments and evaluations.
Finally, cybersecurity was a recurring theme in the webinar series. In the compliance community, the topic centered on complying with new and upcoming regulations and using cybersecurity frameworks best.
AuditBoard’s Most Popular Compliance Webinars of 2023
As you explore the many topics available as on-demand webinars, these are the most popular compliance sessions from 2023, in no particular order.
- From SEC Rulings to AI Transformation: The Importance of IT Governance and Compliance – The latest SEC rules on cybersecurity highlight the link between regulations and the development of a robust data governance framework. Risk and privacy experts from RSM, explain how a strong data governance framework empowers organizations to harness the transformative potential of generative AI for a more secure and efficient future.
- Navigating the AI Act: Preparing for the Challenges of the Latest EU Regulation – The EU has set the standard for artificial intelligence regulation with the AI Act, the world’s first proposal for comprehensive AI regulations. Critical TechWorks discusses how the AI Act aims to foster innovation while limiting the likelihood of adverse outcomes through penalties to €40 million or 7% of total revenue.
- The Promise of Automation: Scaling Key Compliance Processes – GRC teams are exploring using automation to reduce manual work and mature their proactive risk management practices. Panel members from Activision, The Trade Desk, and AuditBoard share real-world examples of the successes and pitfalls from their automation journey to lower the burden of evidence collection, improve the accuracy and frequency of control testing, and lay the groundwork for continuous automation.
- AuditBoard: Delivering Value in IT Risk and Compliance Management – IT pervasiveness within organizations has led to growing regulatory requirements. At the same time, organizations continue to explore automating their approach to IT risk and compliance for increased efficiency, effectiveness, and agility while reducing risk exposure. GRC 20/20 Research presents how AuditBoard delivers significant IT risk and compliance management value.
- Leveraging NIST to Its Fullest Potential – Cybersecurity is consistently the top risk impacting organizations. Cybersecurity consultants from Ernst & Young share how to get the most out of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), which provides a practical and meaningful guide for organizations as they build their cybersecurity control environment.
Stay Up to Date With Timely Thought Leadership
AuditBoard’s on-demand webinars address compliance teams’ most critical concerns and contain information that will enhance your skill set and prepare your team as new compliance risks emerge. As we start the new year, the risks and mitigation strategies covered in these webinars will continue to play an important role in compliance. Now is the perfect time to revisit the expert guidance provided in the on-demand webinars above and so many more, and register to earn free CPE credits in AuditBoard’s 2024 Webinar Series.