Over the past few years, digital transformation has exploded — pushing companies over the tipping point to stand up temporary technology solutions to meet new demands while evaluating long-term solutions to implement.
This is why it’s so important for internal audit teams to perform system implementation audits to ensure business resiliency and reduce the risks associated with data conversion/migration, data security, and system access.
This work program, brought to you by Protiviti KnowledgeLeader and AuditBoard, outlines the general steps used to review the system implementation process. Download your copy for guidance on data mapping, identifying key data, the data conversion strategy and process, and data conversion sign-off.
The steps in this audit program include:
- Determine what information to transfer/convert to the new system.
- Review conversion approach/strategy documentation.
- Review conversion flow documentation.
- Determine the length of time the old system will be in place after the new system is in production.
- Evaluate complexity of the planned conversion process.